Top 5 Best Kayak Paddle under $100 - For 2018
One of the most useful tools for kayaking is a kayak paddle. You cannot think of having a good kayaking session without a proper kayak paddle. Using a normal low standard kayak paddle with ordinary blades can bring stress and fatigue on the wrists. These kinds of paddles also have a chance of breaking if they by any chance hit a rock or by mere water pressure. Most of the time, kayaks come with free paddles, but they are of very cheap quality. That is why we’ve compiled this list of Top 5 best kayak paddle under 100 Dollars. Nearly hours and hours of research has gone behind creating this list of reviews for you. By going through this list you will easily be able to get the best kayak paddle in the market, that too under 100 dollars.
1. Carlisle Predator Fiberglass Paddle - Straight Shaft
The first kayak paddle on our list of top 5 best kayak paddle under 100 dollars is the Carlisle Predator fiberglass paddle. The paddle is available in a number of sizes or lengths, starting from 220cm to 250 cm.
It comes with an urban camo print which also makes it look apart from other kayak paddles.
Both the blades are made of polypropylene reinforced with fiberglass. The shaft is made of premium quality fiberglass. The paddle comes with a strong ferrule which stands up even during power strokes. The ferrule comes with 3 positions which allow the kayaker to feather it in any angle or just keep it straight. A hook is attached to the left blade which allows you to retrieve lures that get stuck.
The oblong shape of the shaft makes hand placement feel very comfy and easy. The overall paddle feels very lightweight, though not as light as carbon fiber. But fiberglass makes it sturdier than carbon fiber paddles. This is a good fishing paddle under 100 dollars. It is just perfect for both fishing and kayaking purposes. It is a 2-piece paddle, so carrying it around for travel is pretty easy.
- 2-piece design allows you to break down the paddle for travel purposes.
- Has a long length, which is perfect for use with wide fishing kayaks.
- Urban camo patterned blades give it a distinctive look.
- A balance between durability and low weight is created, by using polypropylene blades reinforced with fiberglass.
- The fiberglass shaft is very lightweight and comfy in hands.
- Hook attached to the left blade allows you to retrieve stuck lures or baits.
- The hook on the right paddle is a handy feature, not found on other paddles that are below 100 dollars.
- Fiberglass construction makes the overall paddle very sturdy.
- The polypropylene blades reinforced with fiberglass make the blade very lightweight as well as gives you good maneuverability.
- It does not come with a foam grip, so your hands don’t feel that comfy after extensive hours of use.
- Though fiberglass makes it light weight, but it’s not as lightweight as carbon fiber paddles.
This is an overall lightweight and sturdy kayak paddle worth every penny you spent on it. Its premium quality fiberglass construction makes it one of the best kayak paddle under 100 dollars.
2. Shoreline Marine Propel Smooth Kayak Paddle
This Propel Smooth kayak paddle by Shoreline Marine was designed to make a kayakers experience in the water more relaxing and pleasant. The paddle is very light weight compared most other kayak paddles out there, which are usually made of aluminum.
The shaft is made from carbon fiber material and comes with a straight shape. The blades are the low angle and come with a teardrop shape, making it easy for you to maneuver the boat.
The blades are made of reinforced fiberglass. This makes them extremely light. Premium quality build materials give this paddle enhanced durability. The paddle comes with drip guards that help you to save yourself from getting wet. The two tone black grips make it slip resistant.
The propel smooth kayak paddle comes in a 2-piece design, so carrying it around during your fishing trips is very easy. The overall paddle length is also adjustable. The length can be set from 85 up to 89 inches. This helps you adjust the paddle to a length which you are comfortable with. This paddle helps you propel through water without any hassle and within a limited time.
- The blades are made of reinforced fiberglass, making them easy to maneuver.
- The shaft is made of carbon-fiber, making the overall paddle feel very lightweight in the hands.
- The two-tone black grip makes the paddle slip resistant.
- The tear drop shaped blades have a very low-angle.
- The paddle comes with a 2-piece articulating design.
- It can stand up to any kind of weather conditions, due to being built from premium quality carbon fiber and fiber glass.
- A paddler never feels fatigue, as the shaft is very lightweight and easily helps you propel through the water.
- The paddle has the perfect length giving the user more reach and power.
- Due to being a 2-piece paddle, the place where the paddle connects tends to become loose over time.
- The two tone black grips though slip resistant, aren’t as comfortable to hold as foam grips.
This propel smooth kayak paddle from Shoreline Marine makes gliding through water easy as pie. It is perfect for both newbies and expert level kayakers. This is one of the best kayak paddle under 100 dollars and is built to last you a lifetime.
3. Cannon Paddles Escape E Kayak Paddle with Black Fiberglass
The Escape E Kayak paddle from Cannon is the perfect entry level kayak paddle. The paddle is the just the right fit for any form of kayaking. The paddle is very lightweight and provides you with enough power to pull through the heavy flowing water.
The paddle comes with some durable and lightweight blades made out of fiberglass reinforced with black nylon. The blades help the kayaker to easily move through rapid tides and also provide an enhanced level of stability.
The shaft is made from aircraft grade anodized aluminum which is also heat treated. This adds extreme strength to the overall kayak paddle. The grips are oval shaped allowing you to get a better grip of the paddle and it also helps to balance the weight of the paddle. The strength to weight ratio of this paddle is just perfect.
The Escape E kayak paddle comes with 3 offset angle settings for the blade, allowing you to be more comfortable with it while paddling. It comes in 2-piece design for comfy transportation. The paddle is designed keeping kayakers of all age in mind, and not just for hardcore kayakers.
- The paddle comes with a 2-piece design for better transportation.
- The Escape E kayak paddle is made of aircraft grade heat treated anodized aluminum.
- Black nylon blades reinforced with fiberglass for added strength and durability.
- The paddle is an entry level paddle and can be used by both new and hardcore kayakers.
- Escape E kayak paddle comes with oval shaped grips, for better handling of the paddle.
- The blades made of black nylon reinforced with fiberglass make the paddle feel very flexible.
- Very portable and easy to assemble.
- An entry level kayak paddle that comes at an affordable price.
- The oval hand grips allow you to get a firm grip on the paddle.
- 3 angle settings allow you to set the angle you prefer while kayaking.
- The paddle comes with no drip guards so you might get wet.
- Though ovalized, the grips are not that slip resistant.
The Escape E kayak paddle from Cannon is not the lightest option in the world of kayak paddles but it can definitely be considered the most durable option. You will not find the same strength and robust feel on other kayak paddles below 100 dollars. It is the best kayak paddle under 100 dollars with a solid build.
4. Advanced Elements Compact Touring Kayak Paddle (4 part)
This is the most portable kayak paddles coming from the Advanced Elements line of kayak paddles. It is so portable that it can be literally carried around in a burlap bag.
The Advanced Elements compact Touring Kayak paddle comes in a 4-piece design. It can be disassembled into four different parts for easier carrying or travel. The paddle comes with an aircraft grade aluminum shaft and fiberglass reinforced nylon blades with an asymmetrical shape. The dihedral blades are the perfect choice for whitewater kayaking.
The blades are just the right shape for low angle paddling. The paddle can be used in turbulent waters with ease due to this and can also be used in the sea where the waves are humongous. The blades come with a fixed 60-degree angle.
The blade comes in one single length which is 231 cm. But the paddle is very lightweight compared to its length. It is just 2.7 pounds in weight. Unless you have a very wide kayak, the length should not be that much of a problem. When disassembled the paddle packs down to 25 cms.
- Portable 4 part design for better carrying and traveling options.
- Asymmetrical blade design perfect for whitewater kayaking.
- The paddle is very lightweight and weighs just 2.7 pounds.
- The paddle comes with a length of 231 cm.
- Comes with a 60-degree paddling angle.
- A high-performance kayaking paddle with conversion options.
- The dihedral shape of the blades makes the paddle more stable and maneuverable.
- The paddle is very strong and can be used to paddle through the roughest of waters.
- The 4-part design allows you to break it down and carry it with an inflatable kayak.
- The perfect kayaking paddle for expert level kayakers.
- The paddle does not come with comfortable enough grips.
- Comes in only one size (231 cm), so you can’t set the paddle length at your comfort level.
If you consider the transportation options for a kayak paddle as the main factor when buying a kayak paddle, this is just the one for you. It is within any kayaker’s budget. The Advance Elements compact touring kayak paddle is the best kayak paddle under 100 dollars, with a portable design.
5. Sun Dolphin Oar Assembly (6-Feet)
Number 5 and the last paddle or paddles in this case on our list are normal boat paddles or oars, but they can also be effectively used as kayak paddle.
The paddles come with an aluminum construction which makes them very durable. The 2 oars can be used or are compatible with any kind of kayak. The oars have a flat design to allow the user to row in any direction. The oars will make your day out in the water more enjoyable and fun.
The paddles have handles that are lightweight and are anti-rust. The oars can be used to launch your boat from the dock or as stowaways. The oars can be used from the boat center seat or from the rear seat.
The oars come with oar locks included, which is a plus point. Both the oars have a 6” length, perfect for rowing any kind of kayak, through a slow flowing water body.
The oars have been manufactured in the USA, which makes them extremely US weather friendly. These oars or paddles will definitely exceed your expectations when it comes to quality kayak or boat paddles.
- The oar set comes with 2 oars and 2 oar hooks.
- Allows you to maneuver your kayak or boat easily.
- You can row your boat from the center or rear seat of the boat.
- The aluminum construction makes it very durable and lightweight as well.
- Aluminum construction with anti-rust coating makes it very durable and strong.
- You do not have to buy the oar horns or locks separately.
- The paddle is very strong and can be used to paddle through the roughest of waters.
- The boat or kayak can be maneuvered from any position, be it rear or center.
- The oars do not come with drip guards of any sort.
These are oars or paddles that will get you to place you need to be in. Their solid aluminum construction makes them a force to be reckoned with in the market of best kayak paddle under 100 dollars.
Factors to Consider when buying the best kayak paddle under 100 dollars
Comfort and safety should be the top most priorities when buying a kayak paddle. Safety and comfort solely depend on the type and fitness of kayak paddle you are buying. So, for choosing and purchasing the best kayak paddles under 100 dollars, you will have to consider a few factors first. Here they are:
Blade shape: A well-designed blade is not for only cosmetic purposes. A well-designed blade will also give you the proper performance you always desired. Asymmetrically designed blades are the new trend these days when it comes to paddle blade designs. This kind of design will allow the kayaker to maneuver the boat more effectively and horizontally without spending too much energy and time.
Blade material: Blades nowadays are either made of fiberglass or carbon fiber. Fiberglass blades are lighter compared to Carbon fiber blades, but they are not as strong as carbon fiber.
Length: There are kayak paddles of different lengths or sizes. Paddle length has to be taken into consideration if you are looking for a good kayak paddle. A kayak paddle usually has a length of 200 cm- 260 cm. A paddles length should match with your kayak size as well as your physique size. The pedaling style also plays a huge role when choosing the right paddle length.
Shaft: Straight shafts are preferred by most kayakers. Shaft material should be considered as well. Most kayak paddles have shafts made out of fiberglass or carbon fiber. Aluminum made shafts is also popular among kayakers. Some shafts come with scales as well as adjustable length options. Nowadays shafts allow you dismantle the paddle into several parts for easier carrying.
Grip: A kayak paddle should have proper grips, for added comfort. They also prevent the paddle from slipping from your hands. Eva foam grips are a rarity on most kayak paddles these days, but the normal foam grips they come with will serve just fine.
Angle: Paddling style can be divided into two angles, high and low. High angle kayakers paddle a bit more aggressively than low angle paddlers. Low angle paddlers paddle in a more relaxed fashion. It is completely up to you, at which angle you prefer to paddle in.
Budget and quality: Having a low budget does not mean you will have to but a low-quality kayak paddle. Low-quality non-brand kayak paddles will not last long and will rust or break after some days of use. Nowadays there are thousands of cheap options for kayak paddles, that too with superior quality.
Every kayak paddle listed on the list of best kayak paddle under 100 dollars above is of top notch quality and may include a special feature that may interest you. Prices are factors that may vary, so they are not mentioned. But you can trust us that they will be within your budget. Try to buy a less expensive pedal, if you are a beginner level kayaker. Hope you find the best kayak paddle under 100 dollars. Happy hunting folks!!